Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Welcome!

I guess I should start off by telling you a bit about myself:
  • I'm a 30 year old, white female
  • I'm recently married, after having been with my guy for almost 9 years
  • I was born and raised in Canada
  • I was raised Catholic
  • I am currently Agnostic
  • I love animals
  • I believe, without a doubt, in the Big Bang and evolution
I'm trying to rediscover faith without compromising my scientific beliefs, which isn't easy. I don't really have anyone to talk to about this...my husband is 100% scientific and doesn't worry about whether there is a god or not. My best friend is agnostic like myself, but isn't too worried about changing that. Another good friend is religious, and just doesn't see what's so hard about believing. So it's hard to talk to people who are on completely different wavelengths. It's good sometimes, because they each offer their own perspective, but sometimes I just want people to understand what I'm feeling.

Hence, this blog. A place where I can just express myself without fear of any type. A place where I can try and ask questions that may offend some people in the real world. A place where I can admit my hopes and fears.

It may be a long journey, but it's one I need to take.

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" Lao Tzu

1 comment:

  1. Hi

    There is nothing about the Big Bang which contradicts Islam. If it is true, then we simply believe that it is God who caused the Big Bang to happen.

    As for evolution, again the only problem really that we have with it is concerning the origins of humankind. As to all the other animals and creatures, if they were as a result of evolution it makes no difference to us. That would simply be an explanation of the how concerning God's creation. But we don't believe that humans evolved from some other species.

    I hope you find the sakeenah (tranquility) that can only come from faith in Him. :)

    ReplyDelete